top of page


A visitor visa is a travel document that is issued to people who are visiting Canada. It's a temporary travel document. 

Do I need a visitor visa?

Visitor visas are granted for various reasons. It could be simply for a tourist visit. Use the following link to see if you need a visitor visa or an ETA.

What is the difference between visitor visa and an eTA?

A visitor visa is stamped to your passport. An electronic travel authorization (eTA) is an electronic authorization for your passport to enter the country usually issued to visa-exempt countries (Except US Nationals). 

A visitor visa is usually valid for up to 6 months per stay (or as authorized by the border services officer) and are MEVs (Multiple Entry Visas).


In case of study or a work permit, usually a visitor visa or an eTA will be automatically issued.

What if I want to visit Canada for business purposes?

According to IRCC, a business visitor agrees to stay for less than 6 months along with various other restrictions.

Similar to a visitor visa, someone who is applying to Canada for the purposes of business must provide a letter of invitation from a Canadian host business or a letter of recognition from CBSA along with a letter of support from your parent company.

What is the processing time? 

Processing times vary by country. 

Schedule your Consultation today to explore your options 

Things to think about


Before applying for a visitors visa, ensure you have all the documents ready for your specific purpose (family events, leisure, travel etc)


An eTA is different from a visitors visa. both of them will not be issued at the same time for a foreign national


Citizens of United States of America can enter Canada through land, sea and air with their passports. no eTA or visitor visa is needed


A visitor visa is not a work permit or a study permit. In order to work or study, you should look into work permit and study permit


Review your application before submission. Chances are you might have made a mistake and reviewing your application may help you correct it.

bottom of page